Summer School in Comox
In summer, the Comox Valley International Student Program offers opportunities for overseas students to study English and enjoy the wonderful west coast lifestyle and surroundings on Vancouver Island.
The Teacher Leaders are also tour guides and enrich the students’ learning of English through a variety of outings and recreational activities. Students improve their English in the context of meaningful events. This is not only a successful method but also fun! Therefore, every day of the program has a trip into the community of some kind. Then the instruction the following day has at least partial focus on that experience.
English Experience Program:
This program offers English classes in the morning and activities in the afternoon. Students live with carefully matched host families and do activities with them over weekends. A five day trip at the Outdoor Education Centre at Tribune Bay on Hornby Island is also part of this experience. Students can participate in July and/or August.
- 3 to 4 hours of English lessons in the mornings
- 5 day trip to the Outdoor Education Centre on Hornby Island (3 meals a day)
- Afternoon activities such as kayaking, local arts and crafts, sight seeing, whale watching, wall climbing, picnics at the beach, camp fires, hikes and wildlife education, guided tours through museums as well as an excursion to Mount Washington.
- Accommodation with host families (3 meals a day)
- Farewell BBQ and ceremony
Please contact us for further details about the registration at: email@example.com